Monday, December 5, 2011

3 Months old already!

Hooray! We are three months old today!!
(Well actually on November 9th..I was a little late posting this)

Wow, what a crazy, exciting and blessed three months we have had! I can not believe my little boy is already 3 months old . It has been the month of changes and firsts. We have truly seen a little personality in our sweet baby and life with him just keeps getting better with each passing day! He is such a happy baby and loves to be held and interact with people. He will smile and talk to you and melt your heart while doing so. I will say that at the beginning of the month, he was stingy with his smiles but with each passing day he smiles more and more. His newest development is babbing. He is not longer cooing. He is having a full blown conversation with you in his words. Most of the time it sounds Chinese but non the less, he will talk to you for hours. I only wish I knew what he was saying because the look on his face lets me know that he knows exactly what he is saying. I have a feeling he might take after his mom in this department because most of the time I can barely get a word in! ha. Our biggest and most exciting development of the month is.......WE FINALLY LOVE EATING AGAIN!!!! For those of you who didnt know, we have had a MAJOR struggle with eating the past few weeks. Well actually since he was about a month and a half old. Since I am using this blog for a refrence to track Luke's stages in life, I will give a brief summery of our food ordeal. Here it goes....When Luke was first born, he had Jaundice so we had to supplement with formula to help push out the Billy Ruben through his bowel moments. The more we fed him, the more bowel moments he would have and the lower his Billy Ruben levels would be. In the hospital the gave us Similac Advanced formula and he seemed to love it. He was interchanging formula and BM perfectly so we continued with this when we went home. Around the 3rd week of Lukes life, he began to get extremely fussy late at night (by extremely I mean dirivng around town in the middle of the night and not coming down from about 1am-5am) so we heard from a lot of people that Soy was supposed to help with fussiness so we decided to give it a shot. It worked like a charm! He was loving his new formula and it also fixed the middle of the night colic. He used Soy for several weeks and then started eating a lot slower (1+ hours to feed) as we neared his 6 week mark. This continued till he was about 2 1/2 months and then he decided he didnt want to eat much at all. So it went from fussing to eating slow to not wanting to eat at all. Each time we would feed him, he would scream bloody murder and thrash around and refuse to take the bottle. He would use his tongue and push the bottle out of his mouth and only eat if he was extremely hungry. So this began the serch to figure out what in the world was going on! We decided to change bottles (Tommy Tepee to Dr. Browns.). That didnt work! We changes reflux medicines (Zantac to prilosec) and that didnt work. We had numerour Doctors appointments and they too were scratching their heads in confusion. What baby didnt like eating?!?!? Then we saw one doctor who had a daughter who did the same thing and he suggested that since we changed both the bottles and the medicine it was time to try changing his formula to one that was for infants with a milk protien allery so we changed to Nutramigen. Bust again! He hated it! At this point, I was at the end of my rope. Luke was only eating barely 13-15 oz a day and was supposed to be eating anywhere from 24 oz to 32 oz a day. Back to the doctor we went. This time we saw a woman doctor and she thought that he may have a slow emptying (underdeveloped) digestive system and refered us to a pediatric gastroenterologist. Ok, we were finally getting somewhere. Maybe he could figure out what was going on. We were on week 2 of barely eating and some or something had to figure this out! We had to wait three days to get an appointment and on the 2nd day Luke decided he didnt want to eat at ALL! He only at one oz in twelve hours and just as we were getting ready to head to Childrens hospital, God answered our prayers! John tried one last time to give him a bottle of BM and HE TOOK IT! He ate it like it was ice cream! It was the single most wonderful sight I have ever seen! I can not explain how frustrating it is for your child to have a food adversion at such a young age. I have honestly never been more frustrated or scared in my life. I had a problem that was effecting my childs health and I could not fix it and neither could any of my family members, friends or doctors. It was hell! So when I saw Luke finally drink the bottle, I cried tears of JOY! Since that bottle, Luke has eatten like a champ! He takes every feeding and is polishing off bottles of 4-5 oz routinely! He drinks both BM and Similac Sensitive and loves to eat! I dont know what took so long to figure out that we had a picky eater on our hands but I am sure gald we did! Needless to say, If my 3 month old will starve himself for 2 weeks because he doesnt like the taste of the formula, how much trouble am I when it come to introducing him to peas or broccoli! I am going to be the parent bribeing him with toys to eat his veggies! ha. Needless to say, it has been smooth sailing since we have figured his eating out! I am loving every minute of being his mommy and enjoying all of our time together! Above is a collage of all our pictures from his third month! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment