Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Weekend / First Shower!

On Easter weekend this year, John and I packed up and headed down to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida. Lucky for us, both my family and several of our college best friends live in the same town so it makes for a very fun but jam packed weekend whenever we head down that way. Friday night we got into Ponte Vedra and headed straight for my cousins house. My parents were already there as well as the rest of the family so we headed that way for dinner. After meeting up with everyone and eating some amazing gumbo, we headed for the beach condo with my cousins to meet up with some of our college friends. We spent rest of the night hanging out with everyone and "relaxing" till about 2am. The next day was great. We started off the morning by going to breakfast at The Beach Hut. It is Johns absolute favorite so we go almost every time we are in town. After Breakfast, John and I split up for the day. He went surfing with his guy friends and I went with my cousins to my 1st baby shower. My mom had planned a little shower with several of her friends as well as all my family that was in town for Easter. All and all I would say there was about 15 or so people there and it was so sweet. I was able to see all my cousins, Aunts and mom's close friends and spend time talking with each of them. It was so nice catching up with everyone and seeing several of them that I had not seen in quite some time. The shower had all my favorite foods and I was in heaven. ha. My mom did such a good job! The next day was Easter. Whenever we are in Ponte Vedra for Eater, it is always a big one! The morning started out with John surfing again (because he now loves the sport) and then heading over to my cousins house for an Easter egg hunt and Easter lunch. The Easter Egg hunt that goes on at their house is no normal Easter egg hunt! ha. The eggs contain money and everyone from toddlers to grandparents are out in the yard searching for the eggs! This year, I knew we had to do well. John and combined forces and split off to hopefully find the most as well as the best eggs! Well boy did we have luck on our side this year! Not only did we find the most eggs, we also found several of the high dollar eggs! After combining our loot, we walked away the big winners with a toal of $500!! I coundn't believe it! We were so excited and knew exactly where the money was going.....Luke's Nursery! After the egg hunt, we had a nice lunch with everyone and then after relaxing for a bit it was time to head home. Over all the weekend was absolutely wonderful! We had a great time with friends and family, a wonderful baby shower and we were leaving with a piggy bank full for Luke's Nursery! Below are several pics of the shower. I'll add more as I get them!


xoxo, Meg


Table 1



The adorable cake



Dessert table



Table 2



Me and my Mom
























No comments:

Post a Comment