Tuesday, April 19, 2011

23 weeks!

Week 23! Gosh, it's hard to believe that in just a few short weeks I will be entering into my 3rd triamester! That is so crazy to me! Although I feel like I am nowhere near ready for this little one to arrive, we have actually been working hard in preperation of his arrival. This past weekend, my parents made the drive to Knoxville to help up with some lovely house renovations. We had several goals in mind for the weekend and did a pretty good job accomplishing all of them. As many of you know, we are finishing our basement for the second time now due to flooding. So...one of the goals on the list was to finish all the painting in the basement so we could move one of the guests rooms down there and clear out the upstairs for baby Luke's room. The next task at hand was to repaint the room upstairs where baby Luke will live. As you saw in a previous post, John and I decided to paint Luke's room in horizontal gray and white stripes. While I am very excited about the outcome of this project, I must tell you that it is taking a lot of work to make this look good. I never realized just how hard it would be to make horizontal stripes look good. The littles slip of the hand and your whole line is off. We had some help from Sheryl due to the fact that I don't know if John and I would have had the patience to complete this task alone. Ha.

This coming weekend we are off to Ponte Vedra Beach for Easter. It is going to be a short weekend but a very full one none the less. We are only staying Friday through Sunday but in that amount of time we will be visiting with tons of friends and family and even having my first baby shower! I am so excited to see all my cousins and share in this special time with them. The shower will be Saturday afternoon and then of course we will have all the Easter festivities on Sunday. Every year there is a huge Easter Egg hunt at the Lazzara house and this year John and I are all about it! All the eggs are filled with money, so this will be a nice little bonus to put into Luke's nursery pot. haha. Watch out! Anyways, here are a few pics from the past week. Enjoy!

PS: I just discovered Etsy this week if you can't tell! ha




23 weeks! (wow I barely recognize myself)

Dad and John painting baby Luke's room white in
preperation of the gray and white striped walls.



A picture of the tape lines we had to put up in order to


paint the gray and white stripes.



This is just a cute bath towel I found on Etsy.


I haven't purchased it yet but I think it's adorable.



A monogrammed minky dot boppy cover. Cute don't you think?



I never thought I would want to put a baby boy in a newborn gown but


I am starting to reconsider. I think they look so sweet.



Another new born gown




And another....
















No comments:

Post a Comment