Tuesday, April 5, 2011

20 weeks!

This past Monday (3/28/10) was my 20 week checkup. This appointment is a big one! It is the appointment when virtually you find out if your baby is progressing at a normal speed and if it has all his parts/organs. When we first arrived to the appointment, I was much more calm than I expected I would be. I thought that I would be super anxious and nervous to have them check for all his major parts. It's such a big deal, but I just think I had a peace about it because I knew I would love this baby no matter what we found out today.

Right when we went into the ultrasound room, they got started. They had me hop up onto the table and we dove right into looking for everything. Lucky for us, Luke (yes this is what I think his name is going to be) was lying facing down so we got a great view of his spine. We were able to take some very good measurements of his spine and he is right on track of where he needs to be. Thank goodness he isnt short already or I would really feel bad. (My biggest fear...having a boy thats 5'2! Oh well that and Stretch marks. ha) The next thing they looked for was his heart and all its chambers. They also look for the main veins and ventricles to his heart. All of which were present and accounted for! Next they look for his organs, like his kidneys, bladder, lungs, etc. After that they moved onto his brain. That was really need to already see his little brain working. Maybe that means he is going to be smarter than his momma. Gosh lets hope so. ha. After all was said and done, we got a great 4D picture of his little face. That was a really sweet moment. We had just heard that everything looked great and then were able to see his face! Although it was still distorted cause of the lack of fat, it was still neat to see. The doctor told us that if we wanted a better idea of what he will look like than we needed to come back for a 4D ultrasound at around 28 weeks. Apparently thats when they start to fatten up and look more like they will around the time of delivery. All and all, the day was a great day! We got a good report and feel really good about our little ones progress! Now we only have 20 more weeks till we get to see him in person!



20 weeks 4D 20 weeks 2D



It's a BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment