Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sleep Update

Since it's the New Year, we figured that Luke needed a New Years Resolution too! Being that Luke is almost 5 months old, we decided (John and I, definitely not Luke) that is was time to give up the beloved Nap Nanny for sleeping. Like I have said in previous posts, Luke LOVES his Nap Nanny. I honestly think he would sleep in it till his head and legs hung off the sides, but all good things must come to an end. While it was a wonderful help with our reflux issues in the beginning, I think Luke is more than OK to sleep flat now. Problem is, Luke doesn't think so! He is a creature of habit and there are a few things that this little boy is fighting to not give up. First is his Nap Nanny and second is being swaddled. Technically he should be without both of those by now but turns out we have a stubborn little one on our hands. He loves to feel all nice and snugly and stripping him of his comforts does not make him a happy camper. To slowly trick ween him from the nap nanny, we decided it might be a good transition if we let him sleep on his changing pad in the crib.  It kind of feels like the nap nanny, but it is flat.  We then decided depending on if he just ate or not, if we should elevate his head slightly using the crib wedge. I know they say everything with babies comes and goes with stages but I sure am ready for this whole stage to be over with. I just want a baby who I can lay down in his crib that will go to sleep without any "devices". One that I can feed a bottle to, read him a book and then kiss him goodnight. I am so ready for that! Oh well, I guess that will come with time! Say a little prayer for us! This seems like it is going to be a long week of trying to break old habits!




1 comment:

  1. You look like you are awesome at swaddling!! I need you to teach me!

    ReplyDelete