Sunday, May 26, 2013

Just the three of us....

Just the three of us.....

Well Lukey, we are coming up on the last couple days of being a family of three.  The last days of you being our only child and our baby.  Soon you will become a big brother and the oldest child.  I can honestly say that I have had a mix of emotions about this and am probably going to have a harder time with the thought of you not being our baby anymore than you will.  While I keep referring to you as our baby, you most certainly are not a baby.  You are a full blown toddler with a mind of your own.  Right now you are 21 months old and into EVERYTHING!  You are all boy and I love that about you.  You are rough and tough but still have a sensitive side for the things you love.  You fall hard and get back up but also always carry Flopsy (your bunny) in one arm.  Speaking of Flopsy, you have quite the obsession with her!  She is by far your best friend and goes with you everywhere.  We cant leave the room without her let alone the house.  She goes to eat, the grocery store, the park, the pool, the zoo, and really anywhere you go.  At first, I used to try and make you leave her in the car when we went places but I quickly realized that it was not worth the fight so Flopsy just comes along.  She is probably disgustingly dirty but you love her anyway.  I can only hope you love your new sister as much as you love Flopsy! ha!  

This past week we brought out some of your sisters baby equipment to hopefully get all your curiosity out of the way so when we bring your sister home you will be ok with her using it.  I had nightmares (not really but kinda) of you pushing the baby swing so high that Ava flew out so we wanted you to spend a week or two working on swing rules before we actually put a baby in it. This by no chance means I will actually leave you alone with your sister swinging ha, but hopefully now you now that it is not a toy and that we need to be gentile with it.  We practiced using Flopsy as our test dummy and you did a pretty good job most of the time being gentile.  Like I said, you are all boy so you definitely had your moments of wanting to see it really fly! ha!  

Thinking about the coming days and leaving you to go to the hospital to have your sister has been really tough.  Honestly, it is the part that scares me most.  You are my little buddy and we do everything together.  You are always by my side and we have our routines so thinking of not being a part of that is killing me.  I have left you a few times before but always with your dad so this time just feels different.  Even though daddy will be visiting with you every day and coming home to put you to bed at night, I still just feel out of sorts.  Im sure you wont even notice i'm going with all the spoiling Nana and Papa will do to you but I just want you to remember how much I love you and that nothing will take your place!  

Lukey, you are my first baby and my little boy and quite frankly i'm kind of obsessed! I know that I have enough love for both you and your sister but I just want you to always know that too! You are the one that made me a mom and the one that changed my life forever!  You will always have a special place in my heart and I love you to the moon and back!  Hopefully these next couple weeks will be an easy transition for  you and you will love having a baby sister.  I promise to always make special time just for you and that we will continue to be the best of friends! I love you!!

                               xoxo, 
                                    Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment