Wednesday, February 15, 2012

XOXO

Our Love Story: Q & A

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
John and I started dating January 13, 2005 so I guess that makes it just a little over 7 years! 


2. How did you meet? {What's your love story?}

John and I actually met our first week of college.  We both lived in the dorms at Auburn and it just so happened we lived in buildings that were right next door to each other. We became friends right away and hung out in the same crowd for the first two years of college.  He did ask me out once Freshmen year and we went to dinner but nothing ever came from it.  It wasn't until we both went to work on Summer Staff at Frontier Ranch (A Young Life camp) after our Sophomore year that things got interesting.  We became extremely close at camp and continued our friendship of talking everyday when we got back to school.  In January of our Junior year, John asked me to come over and watch a movie with him at his house and then decided out of nowhere to kiss me.  It was shocking to say the least and I quickly ran out of the house.  After thinking about it all night and freaking out to my best friend Brooke, I decided to see where things went.  Seven years later, here we are.....




3. If Married, How long have you been married?
We got married 2 years to the day after our first kiss.  January 13, 2007.  So it's been 5 years!
 
4.If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married in Alpharetta, Georgia at St. Brigid Catholic Church with a reception following at Country Club of the South.  It was an unusually warm  and gorgeous January day that was absolutely perfect.  We had a large wedding surrounded by all of our friends and family!  It was wonderful!

5. Do you have any nicknames you call each other?
He calls me Beans and Maza.  I call him Beans also.  I am not really sure how it stuck but it did! ha!


6. Name 3 things that you love most about your husband?
1. First and foremost, I love how much he loves our son! He is so inlove with Luke and I know that love is only going to grow deeper too!  He is so sweet with him and I love to watch them interact together!
2.  I love how considerate he is!  John is always doing little things that are so thoughtful.  He knows I am not a morning person and ever since we have had a baby, he tries to help out by feeding Luke his first bottle before John leaves for work, just to give me those few extra minutes to sleep in!
3. I love how he takes care of and provides for our family! He is such a hard worker and is sweet to provide for our family and let me stay home and raise Luke!  There is nothing more special to me than the time I get to spend with Luke and I am so thankful John allows me to do that! Luke says "Thanks Daddy too!"

7. Tell us, How did he propose?
In May following our senior year at Auburn, we met John's family in Hilton Head for a little summer family vacation.  On the second day we were there John's sisters asked me to go get my nails done with them while they guys in the family went to play tennis.  Just as we were finishing up getting our nails done, the manicurist gave me a card.  I was caught completely off guard and honestly thought it was instructions on how to take care of my nails.  Little did I know that it was the first card of many in the beginning of my engagement scavenger hunt.  I read the card and immediately took off on the scavenger hunt john had planned.  He lead me to all our favorite places on the island with his family members waiting at each one to hand me the next card.  The last and final card lead me to the beach where he was waiting with Marry Me written in the sand.  After freaking out and seeing him from the board walk, I finally made my way out to the beach where he got down on one knee and proposed.  He did such a good job and even decorated the whole beach house with balloons and streamers and had my parents waiting on us when we returned! It was so sweet and later that night both families went to an amazing dinner to celebrate!







8. Is he a flowers and teddy
bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

He is a present kind of guy.  He loves to buy me things that I have had my eye on for a while and surprise me with them!  Sweet guy!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I'm a go to the beach all day and then pop some popcorn and watch a movie and relax kind of girl!  As much as I like to go out, I love to relax at home with my family more!

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? 
Go anywhere?
I would love to go to Europe and just travel from country to country.  I would love to eat and drink our way through the cities and country side exploring everything in between.  It might be a little while before we get to do this because the thought of leaving Luke for this long makes me want to cry just thinking about it.  I bet after we have a few children and they are all screaming at each other I might be ready! :)

11.Show us a picture of what love means to you...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment