Thursday, July 5, 2012

June 13, 2012 was a big day for Luke, or shall I say for me.  He had two big firsts.  The first big thing Luke accomplished today was pulling up on the chair all by himself.  He has been trying for several weeks to pull up off the floor into a standing position and today he finally did it!  He was so proud of himself and kept looking around to see who was watching him.  While I was super excited for him, I knew that this skill opened the door to trouble for me!  Pulling up on sharp pieces of furniture, climbing stairs, etc.  All the scary things that could hurt him were now a reality.  We immediately put up baby gates and secured the house. ha!  The next big thing was probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard!  He FINALLY said Mama! After 10 months, the little booger finally decided to make me the happiest person on earth!  He had been saying Dada and Doggies for months with no interest in saying Mama.  He could care less that I am the one who feeds him, loves him, plays with him and hangs out with him every day.  He wanted nothing to do with the word Mama and when I tried to practice it with him, he would shake his head no and laugh.  Mean huh?  Bu today when we were over at our friends house swimming in the pool he decided to say Mama about 5 times in a row! I couldn't believe my ears!  Honestly if he didn't say it so many times, I probably wouldn't believe he said it.  He is very stubborn with the word and doesn't use it freely like he does Dada or Doggies but none the less, he has said it! Sadly since he barely ever says it, I have no video proof of this but I did manage to get a video of him standing up holding the chair after he pulled up.  Enjoy!

Update: The video will be coming soon. Apparently it is too long (1 1/2 mins or so) and I need to upload it another way.  Ill work on it and post it soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment