Friday, April 20, 2012

Duck Duck Goose!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not a fan of "discount" shopping.  I have always had a strong hatred for TJ Max, Marshalls, consignment shopping and Garage Sales. I'm not sure if its the massive amounts of clutter or the unorganized racks but whatever it is, it overwhelms me the moment I enter the doors.  I want so badly to be a savvy shopper that always finds good deals but I am just not! I am ok with this by now and know that its just not my thing!  I have been a victim of great marketing and love all things new!  I love the way I feel in a new car, walking into a new house and taking a stroll through Nordstroms.  Sadly, I have the mindset that if something is for sale, it is because nobody wants it! OOPS!  So....with that being said, I was surprised that for some reason I wanted to go to Duck Duck Goose (the huge rummage sale that comes to Knoxville once a year).  I knew I couldn't brave this outing on my own so I talked Jenny and Will into coming with us.  Jenny has very similar feelings to mine on rummage sales but she was being a good friend and knew that I needed her there for support.   So we packed up two kids, two strollers and took two cars in hopes of finding so much good loot that we would need two trunks to take it all home.  We pulled up and it was huge! It was in a wear house and took up the whole thing.  They even had food vendors there in case you needed a break. (ha) So in we went with Luke and Will in search of fun outdoor toys.  We were hoping to find a wagon, cozy coupe or even a slide.  Sadly, we didn't find any of the toys we were looking for but we did find where everyone in Knoxville was hiding because it was packed.  It was crazy watching the people hording all the toys and clothes they could fit into their arms and pile on top of their strollers.  Jenny and I decided we needed to give it one good lap around the building to see if we could find anything we may need and take in a little people watching as well.  After seeing 1000 Zebra rocking horses and a line of people that was at least 3 hours long, Jenny and I decided to call it a day.  We left empty handed but had a fun experience watching the professional rummage salers! Oh well, Maybe next year! Here are a few pics from our experience. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment