Saturday, June 25, 2011

Luke's Knoxville Baby Shower

Wow! There are seriously no words to describe how blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family. This past weekend, my closest friends and sister-in-laws threw me a baby shower for baby Luke. To say it was AMAZING is an understatement! The amount of time and love put into this shower it beyond words! It was honestly the most beautiful baby shower I have ever seen. It looked like something straight out of Southern Living. The details alone were over the top! I keep looking through the pictures telling John that even the pictures don't do justice to just how amazing it really was. From the food to the decor, everything was thought out and perfect! They had all my favorite food and presented it in such a beautiful display. The girls decided to go with a southern living theme capturing all my favorite elements. The table cloth was burlap and every dish was labeled with a little sign that was presented in a moss and dirt filled cup. We drank out of mason jars that were labeled with baby Luke's initials. Below are some pictures that I will describe as we go along....



The sweet door sign that was hand painted by Brie to hang on the front door! It was a replica of the invitation that went out for the shower. It is now hanging on baby Luke's door waiting for his arrival!
These ridiculously cute and tasty Owl cookies were made by my lifelong best friend Morgan. She spend several days hand making and frosting these cookies! They were honestly the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Get ready Mo, the secret is out that you can bake. Luke is going to be spending a lot of time with his Aunt Mo in the kitchen. ha!

Close up of the cookie and it's cute packaging.

This is an example of how all the food was labeled! There were little name tags by each of the dishes at the shower! Too Cute!!

Some of the fun drinks!

The adorable Mason Jars we drank out of! I loved the special touch of adding baby Luke's initials and an owl! I am totally stealing this idea! ha

The fabulous cake! It was not only the cutest thing ever but it also taste amazing!

Part of the table of food.

Part of the shower was devoted to bringing a book to stock baby Luke's library. The girls came up with the awesome idea to place all the books in my new Restoration Hardware book shelf that I got as a present! I loved it!! It looks so cute hanging in Luke's room!

Flowers

Here is a picture of Jayme writing a piece of advice for me to remember as a new mother. I absolutely loved this idea. The girls set up a table with paper and pens and asked for everyone attending the shower to give me advice on becoming a new parent. It was so sweet to read what everyone wrote. They put every ones letters into an adorable album for me to keep as a keepsake. I will treasure it forever!

Brie and Jayme writing their letters of advice

Jayme, Brooke, Christen and Brie

Stacy and Lynn

Morgan, Me, Brie, Megan and Lindsey

Johns Aunts and cousins.


Me and Bev

My dad and Crawford both made an appearance towards the end of the shower. I don't think my dad wanted to give him back to Christen. He was in love! ha

Some of my sweet friends at the shower

Some of the hostesses

Christen, me and Mo

Grammy, Sheryl, me and MOM

Sheryl, me and my mom

This is a picture of Jayme, Annie and Christen passing out the adorable little ice cream treats to everyone who was watching me open my presents. I mean seriously, how cute is that! Not only did we have cake and cookies, we had little ice cream treats as well! Love it!

Annie, Kelly, Ashley and Lynn

Annie, Kelly and Johns cousin Madelyn

Some of my favorite Moms in Knoxville!

Lily, Lynn, Me, Claire, Emily and Lucy

My mom and John's Aunt Joan

Lindsey, me and Megan

My girls! Lucy and Lily!

As you can probably see from the pictures, I am one lucky girl! I was truly taken aback by all the love my friends and family showed me the whole weekend. It started off by friends coming in far and wide just to spend time with me and ended with an amazing shower. I don't think they will ever truly know how much they mean to me and what a wonderful time I had but hopefully after reading this they will. Luke is so lucky to have so many people in his life to love on him! I am so excited for him to come and meet each and every one of you! I love you all!

xoxo,

Meghan































































No comments:

Post a Comment